What are the standards of quality that I should look for in choosing a non-medical home care agency?
- Licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Caregivers are “Employees” (this means the agency is responsible for paying all employees payroll taxes, as required by law. Unemployment insurance tax, Social Security tax, Medicare tax and State and Federal with-holdings)
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Fidelity Bond Insurance (this is sometimes referred to as “theft insurance”)
- Active management of the caregiver through a direct manager
- Plan of care
- Criminal background check performed on all employees
- Continuous training for caregivers
- 24 Hour on call service.
How is a caregiver selected?
After completing a “Home Assessment”, we match the specific needs and requests to the skills and background of each caregiver, to find the ideal candidate. Each of our caregivers must complete a thorough personal and professional reference and background check. All of our caregivers are insured and bonded. It is our goal to hire the very best caregiver in the industry.
Can I choose the caregiver and meet with them in advance?
Yes. CSA provides concierge service. We can provide several caregivers for you to interview, and you can make the choice! If you’re not happy, we’re not happy!
What if a caregiver is unable to show up at a scheduled shift due to illness or emergency?
If your family caregiver is unavailable, CSA will provide another qualified caregiver and will contact you in advance of this change. Our goal is to ensure no disruption in service.
Do you provide services to those in nursing homes or assisted living facilities?
Yes. CSA provides services and companionship to seniors in both Nursing and assisted living facilities, who may desire to have additional personalized care.
Do you accept Long-term care insurance?
Yes. CSA accepts all long-term care insurance, and has a long-term care insurance specialist in our office to answer all questions and assist with processing claims.
Who is responsible for payment to the family caregiver?
Your caregiver is employed by CSA, and it is our responsibility to take care of all billing, payroll, taxes and insurance.